If you want only a very low maintenance site, products to have are trees, ducks and macrophytes.
Here are examples of products which the site operator has the possibility to produce. It does not mean the operators MUST produce each of them.
It only shows possibilities to use these for revenues and soil restoration:
- Fruit from trees and vines
- Mineralized nutrients
- Mushrooms from shredded site waste
- Garden vegetables for cooking
- Livestock such as pigs, ducks
- Worms for livestock feed and high quality fertilizer
- Treated water for re-use
Among the above, if you want only a very low maintenance site, products to have are trees, ducks and macrophytes. Trees take up large volumes of water, stabilize soil and provide low- maintenance products. Macrophytes provide mechanical and biological treatment of water, plus create fertilizer. Ducks provide biological insect control.